He did it again,著名游戏黑Jack Thompson又出手了

18日,Jack Thompson给大门寄了一封公开信,称大门需要为VT的血腥屠杀负上部分责任,全信如下:

April 18, 2007

Bill Gates

Microsoft
1 Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052 Via Fax and e-mail

Dear Mr. Gates:

On Monday, April 16, at 3:10 pm, I was a guest, as I often have been in the past, on the Fox News Channel. News anchor Bill Hemmer asked me to profile the Virginia Tech rampage killer. I did so, noting that until that day the worst school massacre in world history was at the hands of Robert Steinhaeuser, who literally trained on the Microsoft on-line, hyper-violent shooter game, Counterstrike. I mentioned your company’s game by name. I explained that the rehearsal for such a massacre is key to being able to pull it off, as efficiently as Cho, whose name we didn’t even know at the time. Cho and Steinhaeuser were able to do what they did the first time because it was not the first time. This is why the military uses this same virtual reality simulation to train soldiers to want to kill and how to kill calmly, as the witnesses of Cho said he did.

Sure enough, last night I was doing a west coast radio interview when the host said to me, "Mr. Thompson, you are right. The Washington Post is reporting right now the following:

‘Several Korean youths who knew Cho Seung Hui from his high school days said he was a fan of violent video games, particularly Counterstrike, a hugely popular online game published by Microsoft, in which players join terrorism or counterterrorism groups and try to shoot each other using all types of guns.’"

I thus went back on the Fox News Channel, and Bill Hemmer and I explained not only that I was right about your game figuring in the Virginia Tech massacre but also that the Washington Post excised the above excerpt from the story this morning. That is yet another story. The bad news for the Post however is that you can still get the excised excerpt at http://www.washingtonpost.com/.. ... .html?hpid=topnews. Thus, the cat is out of the bag, and his paw prints are still on the bag. Is this a great Internet, or what?

As you know, I similalry [sic] went on NBC’s Today Show with the DC Beltway Sniper still unidentified and at-large a few years ago and told Matt Lauer and the nation that the triggerman would most likely be a teen video gamer trained on a sniper video game. The tarot card was a clue, but there were other clues. I was right, as Malvo trained on your Microsoft game, Halo. NBC reported that three months later, and it was part of the criminal trial of Malvo.

Mr. Gates, your company is potentially legally liable the harm done at Virginia Tech. Your game, a killing simulator, according to the news that used to be in the Post, trained him to enjoy killing and how to kill. You knew five years ago that your on-line game, Counterstrike, so clearly figured in the massacre by a student in Erfurt that the event and the game impacted the race for Chancellor in Germany at the time!

Yet, here you are, five years after "Erfurt," still marketing Counterstrike. having done nothing to disable the server(s) for this mass murder simulator, and it looks like "Virginia Tech" is a consequence. There’s more going on in the world than Vista. Just ask the bereaved Virginia Tech families.

Mr. Gates, pull the plug on Counterstrike today, or do we need more dead to convince you? "Virginia Tech" was the 9-11 of school shootings, and it appears Microsoft is in the middle of it, in more ways than one.

Regards, Jack Thompson

Jack老兄没批Halo,也没批Geow,矛头直指“微软发行的CS”,这滑稽的错误几乎令全信不值一驳,虽然本人对这次悲惨事件由衷遗憾,并且并不否认暴力游戏的部分负面影响,但Thompson此时借着死者的鲜血和死者亲人的眼泪兜售理论,纯为本人的仕途着想的行径当真令人齿冷(我不想把他想的太坏,但接二连三的将CS扣到MS头上的这种低级错误要么是他对游戏完全无知,要么就是诚心找个大公司炒作。无论那种,都足以招人鄙视)

这小丑没什么,真正可怕的是希拉里 候塞因,它当上总统咱们就彻底SBL……

这个人显然是不了解现在的游戏市场情况,不然不会犯这么低级的错误。

不过现在有些人是无法区分游戏和现实社会的区别,把两者混为一体。

我说呢,昨天我拉屎家里草纸没了,老爸扔给我两张粉色的信纸
擦屁股前看了一眼,好像有Jack Thompson的字样
早知道就不用这个擦屁股了!

赞LS

引用:
原帖由 大门是我爹 于 2007-4-20 15:50 发表
我说呢,昨天我拉屎家里草纸没了,老爸扔给我两张粉色的信纸
擦屁股前看了一眼,好像有Jack Thompson的字样
早知道就不用这个擦屁股了!