» 您尚未登录:请 登录 | 注册 | 标签 | 帮助 | 小黑屋 |

发新话题
打印

[业评] 要我说这宫本猫还是多吃点核桃吧……

2012年6月13日

The Creator of Mario and Zelda Wants to Make a First-Person Shooter
By Stephen Totilo, Jun 13, 2012 12:30 PM
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Tumblr Instapaper Close Can someone at Nintendo please step up and take over some of Shigeru Miyamoto's work assignments. Can someone make his coffee for him? Answer his phonecalls? Zero out his inbox?

The most successful game designer of all time, the chief creative mind behind Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and a slew of other cultural institutions, wants to make a game a little more like Doom or Call of Duty.

"I actually do kind of want to make a first-person shooter," he told me in Los Angeles last week, "but I don't have time."

Someone, please give him some time.

Shigeru Miyamoto has never made violent video games, at least not in the blood-and-guts sense we see with most modern first-person shooters. Violence in terms of a plumber stomping on top of cartoonish turtles? Sure. But not the kind of violence one associates with Modern Warfare or Battlefield.

Not surprisingly, it doesn't even seem like Miyamoto's dream FPS would be particularly violent—or that violence would be the focal point of it. He seems more enamored by the experience of seeing a new world through gaming's favorite camera angle.

"Rather than necessarily the question of 'What kind of weapon do I have?' in a first person shooter or 'What kind of effect does that have on an enemy?', I think that the structure of a first-person shooter is something that's very interesting," he said through a translator. "Having that 3D space that in theory you are in and being able to look around and explore that—particularly being able to do that in conjunction with another person—is very interesting."

The topic of Miyamoto making an FPS emerged accidentally during our interview at E3, sprouting from a question I posed to him about why Nintendo felt it was important to announce at the big show in L.A. that this fall's Wii U would support two of its screen-based GamePad controllers.

Miyamoto initially thought I was really wondering why Nintendo would state that the machine could "only" run two. "I don't think we're ever going to be at a point where we'll say it will support four GamePads, but two gamepads is something people wanted," he said.

His translator clarified that I was asking why even mentioning the support for two—something, to be clear, that I'd said was important for gamers—was something Nintendo thought was important to gamers. I wanted his take on the relevance of two GamePads tied to one Wii U game. His fresh answer: "Well, if you're playing a first-person shooter and you have the game up on the television screen and you have your subscreen below [in the GamePad controller],within that game world you're able to turn in all directions around you." (The effect would be similar to the Wii U game Nintendo Land's placement of its Zelda archer player as existing inside a virtual world; if you are playing as the archer, you see the game world through the GamePad's screen and can move the GamePad around the room you're playing in, using it as a viewfinder that lets you see the virtual world sort of transposed on the room you're in.)

Miyamoto continued about his idea of an FPS in which the player views their game world through the screen on the GamePad: "Obviously that would be very fun," he said. "If you have two people doing that in the same room, that could create a very fun and unique gameplay experience." Ergo, two GamePads are useful. And also, ergo, that's the kind of FPS he'd have a good time making.

In a wonderful bit of gaming-mastermind synchronicity, it just so happens that the co-creator of Doom, John Carmack, was at E3 to showcase a head-mounted display he's programming for first-person shooters. Miyamoto's and Carmack's concepts are similar. While Miyamoto's involves a screen you hold in your hands; Carmack's involves one that covers your eyes. In both cases, the player is then free to move around and experience an FPS as if they are inside the shooter's world, looking up in order to see the ceiling of the virtual world above them, tilting their head down to see the virtual world's floor and turning around to see an enemy sneaking behind them. Like Miyamoto, Carmack seems excited about the idea that more than one player in a room could be using this kind of tech in a multiplayer shooter. Maybe Miyamoto and Carmack should team up. (Carmack talks about all of this in this dozen-minute video.)

Shigeru Miyamoto has done a tiny bit of FPS work before. He had final say in the first, acclaimed GameCube game Metroid Prime game which was designed in collaboration by Nintendo's team in Texas, Retro Studios and the company's Kyoto HQ. That game is largely seen as Retro's creation. It's certainly not seen as the first-person shooter made by the man who made Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong.

2012年6月20日

Miyamoto worried over abundance of gun-focused games
June 20, 2012 6:47AM PDT
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Nintendo designer says ubiquity of gun-oriented games troubling for younger generation, claims digital media presents "difficulty" for parents.

Gun-focused games are some of the most commercially successful and widespread games in the industry, but they are not appreciated by all. Famous Nintendo designer Shigeru Miyamoto told IGN this week that he's concerned regarding the ubiquity of weapon-oriented games.

"Sometimes I get worried about the continued reliance on making games that are so centered around guns, and that there are so many of these games," he said. "I have a hard time imagining--particularly for young generations of gamers--how they sit down and play and interact with that."

Last week, Miyamoto said he wanted to make a first-person shooter, but noted he does not have enough time to do so. He explained that if he were to build a first-person shooter, it might be different in structure than typical FPS games, and perhaps not particularly violent. He said he was specifically enthused with the idea of a game that allows players to look around and fully explore a 3D space.

Miyamoto further explained that Nintendo remains committed to creating a "safe environment for kids," with special attention paid to the online space. The Mario and Zelda creator added that the rise of digital mediums like video games has created difficulties for parents.

"Previous forms of media, like books, made it easy for parents to know and understand what they’re buying for their children," he said. "With the transition into digital mediums it becomes more difficult for parents to have a full grasp of what's going on. From a game developer's standpoint it's important to take that into account."

相比之下,陶宏开似乎更有节操一点呢……

本帖最近评分记录

posted by wap, platform: Android

没准人就想这样做mp

完全看不懂~球翻译~

我不认为猫叔会跑去做打枪游戏, 虽然SFC时代任天堂就做了一款yoshi打枪了

人家说不想做暴力要素明显的FPS,又没说非让你买,你捉个什么鸡呢?
表情呢?

任天堂每次失态LZ总是像阳痿患者找到了媳妇一样HAPPY,虽不能操,至少脸上增光。和那些唯任天堂是亲爹的任青其实挺像的。
本帖最近评分记录

引用:
原帖由 混血王子 于 2012-6-21 09:34 发表
评论非常到位啊,good job。

posted by wap, platform: iPhone
引用:
原帖由 @混血王子  于 2012-6-21 09:34 发表
评价到位,隐喻贴切,+1

posted by wap, platform: Android
引用:
原帖由 @混血王子  于 2012-6-21 09:34 发表
年度最佳评论候补之一

楼主经常买给你父母吃吗?

引用:
原帖由 混血王子 于 2012-6-21 09:34 发表
评论的太好了,一针见血!

哈哈,犀利

引用:
原帖由 jamesryo 于 2012-6-21 08:29 发表
完全看不懂~球翻译~
都是宮本茂的發言
一個禮拜前:我想做fps遊戲,可是沒時間
一個禮拜後:我認為槍槍槍遊戲太多有害兒童成長

引用:
原帖由 allensakura 于 2012-6-21 11:09 发表

都是宮本茂的發言
一個禮拜前:我想做fps遊戲,可是沒時間
一個禮拜後:我認為槍槍槍遊戲太多有害兒童成長
换作稻船,有些人就直接骂傻逼了

做一款和太多之间哪来矛盾?稻船敬二本来就是傻逼,还说要当社交游戏之神,骂同行不开窍,自己却在那做3DS和PSV游戏.....

发新话题

官方公众号及微博