» 您尚未登录:请 登录 | 注册 | 标签 | 帮助 | 小黑屋 |

发新话题
打印

前灰熊报分员John Paul Stevenson 加盟火箭!

Rockets make a change in PA staff

By Jonathan Feigen, Houston Chronicle, Aug. 29, 2006, 7:13PM

The Rockets' retooled game presentation will include a change of arena announcers, with former Memphis PA announcer John Paul Stevenson replacing Teryl Gray at Toyota Center next season, Rockets vice president John Dillon said Tuesday.

Gray, a former disc jockey at 104.9 FM (KPTY), has been the public address announcer in all three seasons of Toyota Center.

Stevenson moved to Houston after five seasons as the arena announcer during Grizzlies games at the Pyramid and FedEx Center.

"He's got some history," Dillon said. "He's got some experience. He's got the perfect combination of a classic voice, knowledge of the game and a true passion for involving fans in the game. Over the five years he had in Memphis, he developed a very strong rapport with fans and the team. He has a strong ability for entertaining, informing and involving the fans. All three of those are what we are excited about.

"He brings his own style. We'll mesh that with what we're trying to do as an organization. What we know he's going to bring is further involving the fans in the game."

Gray could still be part of the game presentation, Dillon said. Many teams have an announcer courtside with another in the stands.

"Without question, we were very pleased with T. Gray," Dillon said. "He did very well for us. Beyond PA, we're exploring optimizing our options for next year in the entirety for the game situation. There's potential there."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE NEW VOICE OF TOYOTA CENTER

John Paul Stevenson's thoughts on leaving Memphis for Houston, as told to nba.com:

"When I look back on this, if I never get to do anything like this again it'll be the most amazing five years of my professional career. It was very, very special. I'm so incredibly lucky to have been part of something so special.

"There's a bunch of highlights; the first game in Memphis was fun. There's so many memories that I'll take away from this; Mike Miller hitting the three at the buzzer against San Antonio last year was probably one of the big highlights. That's what it's all about. When the crowd's into it and he nails one at the buzzer to win, that's what it's all about right there"

原文链接:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/4150236.html

夺冠的又一块拼图来了,233

火箭为啥总和灰熊扯上关系?

绝倒~~~~~~

报分员干吗的?

发新话题

官方公众号及微博